English biography - cv
Annelyn studied singing at Royal Conservatory of Gent in Belgium.
She got her bachelordegree with Zeger Vandersteene and in 2009 her Masterdegree
with Marcos Pujol and international bas-baritone Gidon Saks.
She took singing Masterclasses in Belgium and abroad with Gidon Saks (who stayed her most important mentor), Franco Farina, Michael Spyres, Wiebke Göetjes, Jennifer Hamilton ao
She loves to perform opera. Her favourite roles at this moment are mostly in French - Italian repertoire.
She likes to get in the skin of romantic-dramatic characters such as
Carmen (Carmen Bizet), Charlotte (Werther Massenet), Didon (Les Troyens Berlioz), Marguerite (La Damnation de Faust Berlioz), Grande Duchesse de Gérolstein (Offenbach), Jeanne (Bouchard d'Avesnes Miry),
Leonora di Guzman (La favorita Donizetti), La Cieca (La Gioconda Ponchielli) and others.
Sometimes she's also asked for religious mezzo - alto solos such as in
Requiem Mozart, Petite Messe solennelle Rossini, Die Geburt Christi Von Herzogenberg, Gloria Vivaldi ao.
Before the singing, Annelyn studied piano at the Lemmensinstituut in Leuven Belgium,
there she got her Masterdegree for piano and her teachingdegree.
Besides performing Annelyn teaches singing, piano and ensemble at Conservatory Kortrijk.
- Opera concert for vzw Lyrica in Minard Schouwburg Gent on 13 th of march 2022.
Selections from opera Le prophète et son idéal of Karel Miry (Idéa) and from L'Opera d'Aran of Gilbert Bécaud (Mara)
(Originally on 11st of october 2020 but cancelled because of Corona. Then moved to 6th of june 2021, again cancelled because of Corona)
- Mezzo solo in "Van Passie naar hoop" in march 2022 concert with Choir and orchestra with Antoon De Spiegeleer in Ingelmunster.
(Originally planned on 22nd of march 2020, then cancelled because of Corona)
- Mezzo solo in Requiem Michael Haydn with Choir Ars Vocalis and orchestra Chamber players with Conductor Diederik Glorieux.
(Originally planned on 21st of march 2020, then cancelled because of Corona. Will take place later on a not yet known date)
For OkG 2020
"Prosit" Opera newyearsconcert with Herman Streulens
Annelyn sang arias Leonora di Guzman from La Favorita Donizetti, Jeanne from Bouchard d'Avesnes Miry, Carmen from Carmen Bizet, Grande Duchesse de Gérolstein from Offenbach and Isoletta in a duet from La Straniera Bellini.
For vzw Lyrica Gent BE: (2017-2019)
- "International operaconcert" in Minard Schouwburt Gent. Annelyn sang 2 arias of Musetta from La Bohème Leoncavallo, aria Didon from Les Troyens Berlioz, Romance Marguerite from La damnation de Faust Berlioz and duet Azucena-Manrico from Il trovatore Verdi. Pianist Giacomo di Tollo
- "Newyearsconcert" Suzuki in selected scènes from Madama Butterfly, Charlotte in her letteraria from Massenet and Orlovsky in his aria from Die Fledermaus. Conductor Giacomo di Tollo and Brussels symphony orchestra
- "Music for millions" Annelyn was Djamileh (Bizet), Grande Duchesse (Offenbach), Marion (Ganne), Jeanne (Miry), Balkis (Gounod), Carmen in arias and Mallika (Delibes), Tigrana (Puccini) in duets. Pianists Philippe Wesemael and Kayoko Ikeda.
- "Newyearsconcert" Giovanna and Maddalena in selected scènes from "Rigoletto" Verdi, Rose Friquet (Maillart) in her aria "espoir charmant" and Nicklausse (Offenbach) in duet. Conductor Karel De Wilde and La chapelle sauvage
For Legato - Conservatory Kortrijk (2019)
- Matinee teachersconcert Annelyn was Charlotte in her letterscène from Werther Massenet and Carceleras in her aria from Las hijas del Zebedeo Chapi Pianist Marie Noëlle Damien
- Teachersconcert on Sinksen A as Grande Duchesse de Gérolstein in her aria Ah que j'aime les militaires from Offenbach
Pianist Marie Noëlle Damien
For city of Harelbeke (2019)
Mezzo solo in Requiem Mozart with choirs Amuse Gueules, Ars vocalis and orchestra Ars instrumentalis Conductor David Anne
For Sursum Corda and Heilige familie (2019)
Mezzo solo in "From passion to hope" religious concerts with solos from Mozart, Kverno, Mendelssohn, Rutter
Choirs and orchestra under Conductor Antoon De Spiegeleer
For Markant Zwevegem (2018)
Mezzo solo in a jubileum mass with solo and choir for 65th anniversary of Markant Zwevegem Conductor Sieglinde Carlier
With-for vzw CoOperArti BE (2011 - 2018)
(which Annelyn created in 2010)
- "Feu et flammes": Opera- piano recital.
Annelyn as Juno, Charlotte, Carmen, Didon, Marguerite, Lola, Orfeo, Carceleras. Pianist Marie Noëlle Damien
- "Opera Metamorfosen": arias and duets.
A as Balkis, Carmen, Charlotte, Nancy, Berta, Siebel in arias and Nancy, Giulio, Mallika and Hänsel in duets. Pianist Pieter Tieghem
- "Beaux airs": French and Italian arias and duets.
A as Carmen, Isabella, Charlotte, Siebel, Cherubino in arias and Nicklausse, Adalgisa, Bianca (Mercadante) in duets. Pianist Els Cooman
- "Regine e rivali": Tudor history: arias and duets from Anna Bolena and Maria Stuarda G. Donizetti.
A as Giovanna Seymour and Elisabetta. Pianist Marieke Arnou
- "Dramatiek & Romantiek" arias and duets from Norma V. Bellini, La Gioconda A. Ponchielli.
A as Laura and Adalgisa. Pianist P. Tieghem
- "Diva divo mezzosoprani": all mezzo repertoire with 4 mezzis.
A as Nicklausse, Sara R. Devereux, Charlotte, Sesto G. F. Haendel, Béatrice. Pianists Sylvie Decraemer and P Tieghem
- "Voce di donne" arias and ensembles with 3 singers theme women.
A as Jocasta, La cieca, Suzuki, Frau Reich, Elisabetta. Pianist Marieke Arnou
- "Amor": arias and chambermusic around love.
A as Siebel, Leonora, Carmen and Eboli. Pianist Jan Lust
- "CoOperArgandi" famous arias and duets for soprano and mezzo. Pianist Andrew Wise
- "Quasi Cosi fan tutte" a shortened version of Cosi fan tutte.
A as Dorabella. Pianist Katrijn Friant, director Gidon Saks
- "Alla zingarese": an all gypsy program.
A as Carmen and gypsyladies (and played piano) Pianist Els Cooman
- "Gloed" arias and ensembles Pianist Andrew Wise
- "Dell' Amore" arias, all around love.
A as Dorabella, Carmen, Cherubino (and played piano). Pianist Els Cooman
More info on www.vzwcooperarti.org
For Machine vzw Eeklo BE (2017)
"Ariade": Romantic opera arias. A as Carmen, Charlotte, Leonora, Siebel, Nicklausse, Isabella, Nancy, La cieca, Eboli. Pianist Aymeric Catalano
For Kunst Veredelt Roeselare: (2016)
Josepha in "Im weissen Rössl" R. Benatzky Dutch version Choir and orchestra with Conductor Henk Soenen, director Gino Bruneel
For Olsene Gezinsbond (2016)
Christmassongs and arias with piano, also brassband and choir Conductor and pianist Joop Verzele
For concertorganisation (2014)
"Petite messe solennelle" Rossini altosolo Conductor F. Hameleers
With Incanto NL (2013)
under direction of J.Pas - J. Lucassen "Concert" with arias from Annio, Charlotte, Giovanna Seymour Pianist Floor Lanz
For Klassiek op het plein BE (2013)
"Concert" with arias from Balkis, Laura (and played quatre-mains) Pianist Ilse De Backer
For Azymuth (2013)
"Die Geburt Christi" H. Von Herzogenberg altosolo Conductor T. Deneckere
For Opera aan de Schie NL (2011 - 2013)
- Hänsel in "Hänsel und Gretel" E. Humperdinck. Pianist Gilbert Den Broeder, director Wiebke Göetjes
- 3 Festivals of "Opera aan de Schie" arias and ensembles A as Romeo, Eboli, Dorabella, 2nd lady, Carmen, Charlotte,...
Pianists Ynke Van Der Wagt, Ineke Gelijns ao.
With International Belcanto Academy NL - GE (2012)
2nd lady and 3rd boy in "Die Zauberflöte" W.A. Mozart Pianist Floor Lanz
under direction of R. Modesti - N. Vogler Pianist Floor Lanz
For Collegium Cum Splendore BE (2012)
- 2nd soprano and altosolo in "Gloria" Vivaldi
- "Concert" with arias of Sesto G.F. Haendel
Conductor Liselotte Sels
For concertorganisation (2012)
2nd soprano and altosolo "Gloria" Vivaldi Conductor A. De Spiegeleer
For musicschool Harelbeke (2012)
2nd soprano and altosolo "Gloria" Vivaldi Conductor E. De Snijder
For concertorganisation (2011)
"Happy gospels" Gospelsolos, with 4 choirs Conductor A. De Spiegeleer and others
With Hojotoho Singingstudio NL - GE (2009 - 2011)
- Hänsel in "Hänsel und Gretel" E. Humperdinck Pianist G Den Broeder, director W. Göetjes
- "Concerts" with arias and scènes of Charlotte, Leonora, Suzuki, Dorabella, 2nd and 3rd lady,...Pianists G Den Broeder, Ineke Gelijns ao
With Scoppio di Vesuvio BE (2007 - 2011)
- 2nd witch and 1ste nereid in "Dido and Aeneas" H. Purcell, Conductor Guy Penson, director Gidon Saks
- Miles in "Turn of the screw" B. Britten Conductor D Janssens, director G. Saks
- Lola in "Gallantry" D. Moore, Conductor Piet De Block, director G. Saks
- Virtu in "L'incoronazione di Poppea" C. Monteverdi, Director G. Saks and Maja Jantar
- "Concerts" with arias, duets of Orlovsky, Cherubino, Octavian, songs,...Pianist J M Vermaelen, G Penson, G Pégorim